I am going to share with you my Artichoke Salsa recipe which my be the perfect girls weekend appetizer! Bold claim right?? I love it because you can make Artichoke Salsa the day before which make it the perfect appetizer recipe, all ready to go no day of prep! In fact this Artichoke Salsa recipe is better that way, the flavours meld together! This appetizer is packed with artichokes, olives and tomatoes and is perfect served with crackers or tortilla chips. Trust me, bring this appetizer to your next get together and you will be the boss!
I have brought this several times to my sorority meetings and a few ladies weekend retreats and have never had leftovers, which is a shame since it is so yummy when spread in a turkey sandwich! Another winner recipe to serve for a girls get together is my Watermelon Feta Salad!
The prep work is just chopping up all the ingredients and then pop it into the fridge overnight. The next day all you need to do is serve in a pretty bowl with crackers and chips. Easy peasy, right?
For all that I have been raving that ladies will love this I must admit my husband found this recipe and makes it for the guys at the firehall. They use it as a condiment in turkey sandwiches.
Artichokes, the heart of the whole recipe….did you see what I did there? LOL
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup peperoncini pickled peppers
- 1/2 cup roma tomatoes-try to remove all the seeds and juice
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 handful of fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- Start chopping! I like to have a nice even dice on all the ingredients so I do it by hand but it could be done also in the food processor, if careful not to over process.
- Add the mayonnaise and shredded basil. Refrigerate overnight for best flavours
- Great tip - If you have leftovers they are delish in a sandwich, turkey and swiss is may fave.