I have to admit I am usually terribly lazy and just use store bought salad dressings, even though I know I can make better!!! It had to stop, so I found a great recipe that has become my go-to, a Mustard Shallot Vinaigrette.
I always have all these ingredients on hand and it takes only minutes to whip up. I like to just shake it up in a small mason jar.It keeps for about a week in the fridge so I can add it onto just about any salad I throw together! It has paired beautifully with my Strawberry, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad as well as this trout and roasted vegetable salad that I whipped up with leftovers from grilling the night before!
Honestly, is this not one sexy salad, or what? The Mustard Shallot Vinaigrette compliments the roasted potatoes and zucchini and the trout soaks up all that tangy, mustardy goodness! I dare you not to try this salad dressing on your next salad creation!
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoons for finely diced shallots
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a cruet or mason jar. Shake until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to one week. Shake before using.