I feel like a have had the most awesome little blast from my past when I received a big box of goodies to help our family Savour the Mmm Moment. There were so many retro-cool treats that I have always enjoyed since before I can remember!
The highlight of the parcel was the three new decadent flavours of TURTLES! Each puts a fun spin on a chocolate I have known and loved since I was a kid. I was excited to try the Peacan Praline TURTLES and tried my darnedest to convince my boys they would not like them at all and they should just move along. They didn’t listen and they are now little TURTLES lovers themselves, on the upside I can sure get a bed made or toys cleaned up PDQ with the mere mention of TURTLE time with mommy.
TURTLES are obviously a great treat to enjoy or give as a gift but did you know there are like 30 billion awesome recipes (just like the yummy cookies I made) on their Facebook page? I have been drooling over all the recipes this week and because I was a wee bit under the weather I chose a no-fail cookie that instantly lifted my spirits. I also packed up a tin to bring to a friend I knew could use a little cheer.
Also included in the pack was MACKINTOSH Toffee in a tin. The MACKs were individually wrapped so no ‘cracking’ the big bar and also a little chewier so easier on the teeth! I have to admit these have been a little treat for me while I blog at night. Just one (or two but who is counting) and I happily work at my project for the night. They are so creamy and nobody else in my family even saw I had them teeheehee!
- • ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- • ¾ cup brown sugar
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 ¼ cup flour
- • 1 cup chopped TURTLES Fudge Brownie pieces
- • Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- • In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- • Mix egg in with butter/sugar mixture.
- • Stir in flour and chopped TURTLES Fudge Brownie pieces until just combined.
- • Scoop into mounds (about 1- 2 tbsp each) onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- • Bake about 8-12 minutes.
- • Cool for 5 minutes.
- WARNING the caramel is very hot immediately out of the oven. Do not attempt to eat one of these without letting it cool 5+ minutes. Trust me. Overwise these are some of the best 'chocolate chip' style cookies you will make!