My boys love banana loaf which I do make quite often but I have switched it up lately and taken the recipe we all love and started making muffins. Muffins are already portioned and can be frozen. They are perfect for the lunchbox.
These are easy to make, cheaper than buying something at the store and I know what went into them – love
Read on to see how easy these are to make!
Makes 12+ muffins
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- about 3 ripe bananas–you want 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl, combine your sugar, eggs and oil and beat at high speed until it turns a light colour and is creamy. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until blended thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
NOTES-these muffins freeze beautifully! I make a double batch and freeze them in baggies of four (one for each of us for lunch). Speaking of freezing, my freezer is always full of very ripe bananas so I can make this recipe whenever the mood strikes-and we aren’t wasting a banana past its toddler eating prime.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)