Looking for a handmade gift from your child to a grandparent, caregiver or teacher. How about hand painting tea towels? It is so easy to do and it is a fun activity when stuck inside on a snowy day. You don’t even have to give them away – why not make a set for yourselves. Different colours changes this from a Christmas craft to a spring or summer craft/gift.
I should note my son found this craft in his last issue of Highlight magazine and wanted to know if it was something he could try. It was really easy – even Smashie did a few before I deemed him to messy!
- Plain tea towels. I found these ones 5/$7.00 at Walmart and they are perfect for this and are good around the kitchen as well.
- Fabric paint in choice of colours.
- Brushes, Q-Tips or hands to apply paints.
- Container to squirt paint into. I just grabbed a plastic lid out of our recycling.
- Protect work surface. I used a large piece of cardboard.
- Paint away, Bug used Q-tips to make a dot pattern but hand prints would be very cute as well.
- Let dry as per the instructions on paint.