I found this easy-peasy recipe on Pillsbury last year and my son brought it to preschool for a Hallowe’en treat. It was super easy, I made it the morning of. I got compliments galore for it from all the other mamas, they must have thought I put a lot of effort into it!
NOTE this only makes 8 owls per batch!!
- 1 can (8oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 Goldfish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 16 Rosebud milk chocolates
- Preheat oven to 375
- Unwrap dough from can. Do not unroll. Using a serrated knife cut into 16 pieces. I cut it into quarters first and then sliced each of those into four.
- To make one owl you need 2 slices. Unroll about 2 inches, centre that to the top and press the pieces together lightly. To make the ears make a pinchy triangle with the unrolled bit.
- Press a Goldfish in for the beak. I lost a few beaks post baking so make sure they are in good. Place owls one batch at a time on an ungreased cookie sheet. Give them room to puff up.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Brush owls lightly with butter and sprinkle on sugar mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until a light golden brown. While they are warm press in the chocolate eyes. Let cool before serving.
|Some of the finished owls.|
|Mateys waiting for a Sweet Owl Treat!|