I love greek salad and I love couscous so this is a clear winner for me. Hubby will pick at it-What is with men and couscous? It is not like I am asking him to drink a chai tea-couscous can be manly, can’t it? At any rate he says it is good and then goes hunting for a steak or something wrapped in bacon.
But I digress (as is often the case when I post past my bedtime) At any rate I could eat this with a shovel and will continue to make it for BBQ’s hubby be darned!
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 1/2 Boiled salted water
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coloured peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- juice and zest of one big lemon
- In a bowl pour boiled water over couscous, cover with cling film and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over chopped veggies.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let rest as least one hour. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. (depending on my lemon I find I sometimes need to add a little extra)
- Feel free to omit veggies you don’t like or add more of that which you do! I’ll never know so do what makes you happy!
- If you love feta (mmmmmmm feta) add a little of the brine to your dressing.
- Great in lunches for the week-it only gets better.