I am always asked to bring a ‘dip’ to potlucks. Yes, I do make good dips and I guess that is what I am known for. I tried a version of this recently and instantly knew I was going to make my own variation the first chance I got. I love the sweet, curry, spicy flavour combination. So this is what I brought to my work summer party and I came home with an empty plate–no wait actually I don’t know where my plate is…..hmmm I guess I will have to track it down on Monday!
For a pie dish sized dip (but feel free to 1/2 it)
2 tubs of cream cheese (bring to room temperature)
2 tablespoons mayonaise
Mild curry powder – I used a curry dip mix but any mild curry can work
1 jar mango chutney
unsweetened shredded coconut
dried apricots, sliced
- Cream the cream cheese with mayonaise, add your curry powder 1 teaspoon at a time. Because all blends are different I went slowly and tasted often. I ended up using 4 heaping teaspoons but you may need less or more! The flavour will develop more as it rests as well.
- Spread cream cheese layer in your pie dish. Top with a layer of chutney. I used about 2/3 of my bottle.
- Sprinkle about a hand full of almonds, coconut and green onions and about 2 handfuls of dried apricots onto the top of the dip.
- Cover with wrap and let it set up about an hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips and/or pita crisps.
(Visited 128 times, 1 visits today)